Sending an email is such a common task these days that sending one to lots of people at the same time just seems even easier. We take such a casual approach to sending email but there are many things to take consideration when you send bulk email.
In this topic we cover:
WHY SEND EMAIL NEWSLETTERS?
- To keep in touch with your customers on a regular basis and give them pertinent information about your products and services. ie to up-trade or cross sell
- To build up your customer mailing list and retain your current customers. Maybe offer "subscriber only" specials
- To build a relationship of trust and confidence with your customers and potential customers so that they will buy from you in the future.
- To drive traffic to your website -provide links to click through to your website and include information on any new improvements to let your visitors know you are constantly evolving and improving.
- To provide answers to frequently asked questions. The featured questions could be selected from your Customer Service Department's list of frequently asked questions.
- To publish a list of Top Tips for your 'widgets' or Ways to Use your 'widgets' including suggestions from your customers. If you can include a little bit of information about the customer, you immediately add a personal touch.
- To include a list of links to news articles relating to the widget industry
- To provide an in-depth review of a latest release or product complete with technical information or an affirmation by an expert.
- To provide lists of news articles and links relating to your industry.
- To invite customers to events such as product promotions, seminars, exhibitions.
- To publicise articles by a guest columnist. The articles should be related to your industry and written by an industry expert.
- To publicise winners of website competitions etc.
- To release new products
- To announce and introduce new appointments on staff.
- When your subscription base reaches an acceptable size, you can introduce classified ads on a limited basis. Be careful to keep this to a small part of your newsletter.
- According to a PricewaterhouseCoopers survey, 83% of Internet users felt email was the primary reason for using the Internet.
Next » THE ISSUES